Ah – Savannah, Georgia – one of my favorite Southern cities! There are a few things to keep in mind when planning a trip to the coastal, river city. Here are the must-sees, must-eats, and tips.
- City Market in the Historic District
- Tybee Island Light Station and Museum
- Riverboat Cruise or Dolphin Magic Tour
- Samantha Claar Gullah Living
- Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace
Restaurants to Try:
- Tubby’s Seafood River Street
- Belford’s of Savannah
- Sandfly BBQ
- Savannah Theatre
- The Olde Pink House
Tips to Use:
- Looking for a boat or ferry tour? Contact Savannah Belles Ferry for great deals and information. They’re contact information is on: http://www.catchacat.org.
- Savannah’s peak seasons are spring and fall. Try going between November and the end of January during the low season.
- Look into the different festivals throughout the year that might interest you. The city is known for it’s St. Patrick’s Day fun. There is also the Savannah Music Festival and the Sidewalk Arts Festival.
- To save money on food, the Savannah Menu Card can be a huge help. These special deals range from free appetizer to discounts. For more information, visit: http://www.savannahmenu.com.
- You can also save on hotels, by visiting: http://www.stayinsavannah.com.