This past weekend, I visited the Biltmore House in Asheville, North Carolina. As a North Carolinaian, I have been to the house before, but not at Christmastime and all I can say is WOW! This house is prettier than normal (if that’s even possible) and a sense of holiday joy is felt all around.
You are probably wondering “why should I visit such as fabulous house?” Well, here are the reasons why you MUST go to Christmas at Biltmore.
- Owner George Vanderbilt introduced his home to family and friends on Christmas Eve 1895.
- It’s a one stop shop for carolers, Santa visits, and shopping.
- Breathtaking scenery, including mountains, Christmas trees, and architecture.
- A variety of tours to participate in, such as the Daytime Celebration and Candlelight Christmas Evenings.
- Turn a day trip into a weekend trip and take in everything the estate has to offer. A hotel and inn are located on the property.
Stay tuned for another post on Biltmore later this week!
For more information, visit: http://www.biltmore.com/events/christmas-at-biltmore-daytime-celebration-1